Post Key Words: Admissions,Board/ College/ Institute/ Universitires Admissions,Entrance Exam
Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC), Dehradun(UK)
1. The Rashtriya Indian Military College is an Inter-Services Institution and a Category ‘A’ establishment of the Ministry of Defence. The College was established in 1922 with the primary aim of preparing the boys for entry into Defence Services and to provide quality all round education to young boys.
2. Applications are invited from boys for admission to the Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC), Dehradun(UK) for Jan 2013 Term which will be conducted at selected centres on 01(Fri) and 02 (Sat) Jun 2012.
3. Entry Age- Candidates appearing for the above test should not be less than 11½ years in age but should not have attained the age of 13 years as on 01 Jan 2013, i.e., they should have been born not earlier than 02 Jan 2000 and not later than 01 Jul 2001.
4. Educational Qualifications- Candidates should either be studying in Class VII or passed Class VII from any recognized school at the time of admission to the RIMC, i.e. on 01 Jan 2013.
5. Scheme of Examination- The examination comprises of: -
(a) Written Examination- The written part of the examination will consist of three papers, namely, English
(1000-1200hrs) and Mathematics (1400-1530hrs) shall be conducted on 01 (Fri) Jun 2012 and
General Knowledge paper (1000-1100hrs) on 02 (Sat) Jun 2012.
(b) Viva Voce- The interview date shall be 05 (Fri) Oct 2012, and interview will be held for only those
candidates who qualify in the written exam, Minimum pass marks in each paper including interview will
be 50% and the date, venue for interview will be intimated to them by respective State early Sep 2012.
Intelligence and personality of the candidates will be tested in the interview.
(c) Medical Examination- The candidates finally selected after the viva-voce will undergo a medical examination at selected Military Hospitals and only those candidates found medically fit will be considered for selection and admission to the RIMC. The medical examination of the candidates forms only a part of the system of selection and does not imply the final selection.
6. Examination Centres- Examination centres are generally located in the state capitals or in cities/towns as per advertised.
7. Fee- Fees at RIMC is heavily subsidized by the Central Govt. The fee is presently Rs. 26,400/- per year. It may increase from time to time. At the time of entry a Security Deposit of Rs. 10,000/- is to be made. This is refunded when the boy passes out.
8. Scholarships- Scholarships are granted by various state Govts to meritorious students. The amount of
scholarships varies from state to state and is in between Rs. 10,000/- to Rs. 20,000/- per annum. Continuation of Scholarship once granted by the state is subject to merit, income and discipline of the cadet and his performance during the year.
9. Procedure to Obtain Application Forms - Copies of the prospectus with application forms and set of old question papers can be obtained from the Commandant, RIMC, Dehradun (UK) on payment of Rs 350/- (Rupees Three hundred fifty only) through Demand Draft in favour of THE COMMANDANT RIMC, DEHRADUN Drawer Branch STATE
BANK OF INDIA, TEL BHAWAN DEHRADUN (BANK CODE- 01576). These will be despatched by registered parcel
or Courier. Please write your complete address with postal pin code, contact number in capital letter in English or Hindi.
RIMC will NOT be responsible for any postal delay or loss in transit.
Note: – Locally printed or photocopied and without RIMC Hologram (Seal) forms will be rejected.
Last Date: 31st March 2012