Indian School of Mines: 2012 Special Recruitment Drive for SC, ST, OBC and PH Candidates- Faculty Positions
Post Key Words: Faculty,Institute,Lecturer,Professor,Teaching
Indian School of Mines- Dhanbad
(Special Recruitment Drive for SC, ST, OBC and PH Candidates)
No. 411002/2012-Estt/SRD 08 February, 2012
The Indian School of Mines, established in 1926, which offers B.Tech. in Computer Science & Engg, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics, Environmental, Mechanical, Mineral, Mining, Mining Machinery and Petroleum Engineering, and M.Tech, Dual Degrees, M.Sc, M.Sc .Tech., M.Phil., MBA and Ph.D. programs in the areas of Engineering, Earth Sciences, Basic & Applied Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences and Management, invites application from Indian nationals belonging to SC, ST, OBC (non-creamy layer)/ PH categories and possessing excellent academic background throughout along with self-motivation to quality teaching and research for faculty positions at all levels.
|Qualification, Experience, Pay Scale and Specialization required : Sl.No.||POST||QUALIFICATION||EXPERIENCE||MAXIMUM AGE LIMIT
|1.||Assistant professor||Ph.D. degree with First Class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch.
(Good academic record throughout & research publication is desirable)
|Not Mandatory||38 for OBC
40 for SC/ST/PH
Minimum Pay: 20140/- (16,900 for M.Tech.) +AGP+DA etc.
|2.||Associate professor||At least 6 years of teaching/research/industrial experience out of which at least 3 years should be at the level of Assistant professor or equivalent||43 for OBC
45 for SC/ST/PH
Minimum Pay: 40890/-+AGP+DA etc.
|3.||Professor||At least 10 years of teaching/research/industrial experience out of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate professor or equivalent||53 for OBC
55 for SC/ST/PH
|PB-4 ( 37,400-67,000)
Minimum Pay: 43000/-+AGP+DA etc.
1. All Qualification, Experience and age limit will be considered as on the closing date of receipt of application.
2. Ph.D. is compulsory for Science, Humanities and Management subjects.
3. For Engineering disciplines, candidates with M. Tech degree will be considered only for appointment as Assistant Professor with minimum AGP.
4. Higher starting pay and/or AGP may be offered to deserving candidates on recommendation of the selection committee.
5. Pay and allowances will be as applicable to employees of Centrally Funded Technical Institutions as applicable to ISM, Dhanbad.
6. Post wise Reservation will be strictly followed as per Government of India Reservation policy applicable to Centrally Funded Technical Institutions.
7. For internal candidates, the maximum age limit may be relaxed.
Elaborations of qualification/experience of some of the Departments:
1. Applied Physics : M.Sc. in Physics/Applied Physics/Electronics/Nanoscience / Engineering Physics with Ph.D. and research publications in the areas of specialization.
2. Applied Mathematics : M.Sc. in Mathematics/Statistics/Mathematics and Computing with Ph.D. degree and research publications in the areas of specialization.
3. Computer Science and Engineering : B .Tech. in Computer/Electrical/Electronics Engineering with M.Tech. / Ph.D. in relevant field and/or teaching/research/industrial experience in computer industry/application and research publications in the areas of specialization.
4. Chemical Engg : B.Tech. in Chemical Engg with M.Tech./ Ph.D. in Chemical/Relevant Field and/or teaching/research/industrial experience in chemical industry/applications and research publications in the areas of specialization.
5. Electronics Engineering : B.Tech. in Electronics/Electrical Engineering with M.Tech./ Ph.D. in relevant field and/or teaching/research/industrial experience in electronics industry/application and research publications in the areas of specialization.
6. Environmental Science and Engineering : B .Tech. in any discipline with M.Tech./Ph.D. in Environmental Science and Engineering or B.Tech. in Environmental Engineering with M.Tech./Ph.D. in relevant field and/or teaching/research/industrial experience in Environmental Science/Engineering industry/application and research publications in the areas of specialization.
7. Fuel and Mineral Engineering : B .Tech. in Mineral/Chemical/Mechanical/Metallurgical Engineering or allied discipline with M.Tech./ Ph.D. in relevant field and/or teaching/research/industrial experience in coal washing/mineral beneficiation and research publications in the areas of specialization.
8. Humanities and Social Sciences : M.A., M. Phil. in English/ELT/Sociology/Political Science with Ph.D. and with good academic record and proven interest/publications in the areas of specialization.
9. Management Studies : For teaching in the field of M.Tech. (Industrial Engineering & Management), minimum qualification required is M.Tech. (IEM). For teaching in the field of Management Studies, required qualification is MBA with Ph.D. and research publications in the areas of specialization.
10. Mechanical Engg & Mining Machinery Engg :
(a) For Mechanical Engg - B.Tech. in Mechanical Engg with M.Tech./Ph.D. in relevant field and/or teaching/research/industrial experience and research publications in the areas of specialization
(b) For Mining Machinery – B.Tech. in Mining Machinery Engg/Mechanical Engg with M.Tech. /Ph.D. in Mining Machinery Engg/Mechanical Engg and/or teaching/research/industrial experience and research publications in the areas of specialization
11. Petroleum Engineering : B.Tech. in Petroleum/Chemical/Mechanical/Petrochemical Engineering with M.Tech./Ph.D. in relevant field and/or teaching/research/industrial experience in oil and gas industry/application and research publications in the areas of specialization
|Specializations : Department||Area of Specialisation|
|Applied Chemistry||Physical, Theoretical, Analytical, Materials Chemistry and Organic Chemistry.|
|Applied Geology||Metamorphic Petrology, Geostatistics/GIS, Paleontology, Engineering Geology, Hydrocarbon Exploration and Economic Geology.|
|Applied Geophysics||Gravity & Magnetic Methods, Remote Sensing, Geophysical Signal Processing, Seismic Methods, Reservoir Geophysics, Well Logging and Electromagnetic Methods.|
|Applied Mathematics||Mathematics, Statistics, Operation Research, Object oriented Technologies, Computer Organization, Operating System, Database Management System, Distributed Computing, Computer Networks, Natural Language Processing, Network Programming, Image Processing and Computational Geometry.|
|Applied Physics||Solid State, Atomic, Molecular, Mineral & Bio- Physics, Thin Film Technology, Nano Science, Non-Linear Optics, Theoretical, Nuclear, Particle, Laser Astrophysics, Fibre Optics and Photonics, Electronics, Nanotechnology.|
|Chemical Engineering||Heat & Mass Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Reaction Engineering, Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics, Advanced Separation Technology, Chemical equipment Design, CFD & CAP, Fluidization, Plant Design, Instrumentation and Process Control, Petroleum Refining and Petrochemical, Fuel and Energy, Corrosion Engineering.|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Theoretical Computer Science, Microprocessors, Embedded Systems, Computer Networks & Wireless Communication, Image Processing, Bioinformatics, Soft Computing, Web Design, Advanced Algorithms Design.|
|Electrical Engineering||Electrical Machines & Drives, Power Electronics, Measurement & Instrumentation, Control Systems, Power Systems, Microprocessor, Microcontroller and Embedded System.|
|Electronics Engineering||Electrical and Electronic Instrumentation/ Instrumentation and Control/ Micro-Controller and Embedded System/ Fiber Optic Communication/ Opto-Electronics Materials/ VLSI.|
|Environmental Science & Engineering||Pollution Control, Wastewater engineering, Environmental Modeling, Geotechnical Engineering and Environmental Biotechnology.|
|Fuel and Mineral Engineering||Mineral Processing, Coal Washing, Fuel & Chemical Engineering, Mechanized Mineral Processing & Handling Equipment, Extractive Metallurgy.|
|Humanities and Social Sciences||English Language Teaching/English for Specific Purposes/Methods of Teaching English and Materials Production/Literatures in English/Indian English Writing/ Applied Linguistics/Comparative Literature/Translation. Gandhian studies/Value Education/Human Rights/ Environmental Studies/ Cultural Studies/Science and Technology Development/ Gender Studies. Knowledge of Foreign Language(s) will be advantageous.|
|Management Studies||Marketing Management, Operations and Systems Management, Managerial Economics & Econometrics.|
|Mechanical Engineering and Mining Machinery Engineering||CAD/CAM, Machine Design, Thermal Engg., Robotics, Fluid Mechanics & Fluid Machines, Maintenance Engg, Mining Machinery.|
|Mining Engineering||Rock Mechanics, Underground & Opencast Coal & Non-Coal Mining, Geomatics & Mine Surveying, Mine & Mineral Economics, Drilling & Blasting, Mine Ventilation and Computer applications in Mining.|
|Petroleum Engineering||Petroleum/Chemical /Mechanical/Petrochemcal/Refining Engg with working experience in oil and gas sector and other related areas.|
Situated in the heart of the country’s prime coking coal belt, 260 kms from Kolkata with a fully residential campus spread over 88 hectares, ISM has all the facilities of world class academic institute. The campus layout is having picturesque landscape with clean and wide roads and pathways. The campus provides all essential amenities for community living Parks, Staff & Faculty Clubs, Shopping Complex & Canteen, Health Centre, Bank, ATM, Post Office, Play Grounds, Swimming Pool(under construction) etc. The present campus area is expected to be doubled through contiguous vacant land under process of taking over from the Jharkhand State. The second campus of the Institute is likely to be operational soon at Singrauli, MP, in an 84 hectares campus.
The number of posts to be filled up may vary. The Institute reserves the right to cancel the recruitment without assigning any reason. The prescribed essential qualifications are minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. If the number of applications received in response to Advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible for the Selection Committee to interview all those candidates. So, the Screening Committee of the Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of desirable qualifications and/or experience prescribed in the advertisement as per the specific requirement of the Institute. No correspondence will be entertained with candidates who are not called for interview/selected for appointment. CANVASSING IN ANY FORM WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF CANDIDATURE.
Legal disputes, if any, with Indian School of Mines are restricted to the jurisdiction of Dhanbad courts only
|INDIAN SCHOOL OF MINES, DHANBAD
More than Eight decades of excellence in Science & Technology
Facilities for Faculty
Initiation grant of upto Rs 10 lakhs for research.
Prescribed application forms may be obtained from the office of the Deputy Registrar (Estt.), Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad -826 004 by sending a crossed demand draft of Rs.100/- drawn in favour of Registrar, Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad along with a self addressed stamped (Rs.50/-) envelope of 30cmx12cm size. Candidates shall be required to submit attested copies of the latest (not older than six months from the closing date of the advertisement) Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority (not below the rank of SDO/SDM) as per Govt. of India directives issued from time to time. Similarly, shall be required to submit proof of Physically Handicapped category issued by the competent medical authority. Candidates called for the interview will be reimbursed to & fro railway fare limited to AC-3 Sleeper Class for the post of Professor and all other posts only Sleeper Class by the shortest route as per rule.
Application form may also be downloaded from the institute’s website http://www.ismdhanbad.ac.in which may be submitted with necessary fee of Rs.100/- in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of Registrar, Indian School of Mines, payable at Dhanbad to the Deputy Registrar (Estt.), Indian School of Mines,Dhanbad-826 004. SC/ST/PH candidates are exempted from paying any application fee. Those who have already applied against earlier Advt. dated 15.04.2011 need not apply. However they may download the application form and send their updated Bio-Data. They need not pay application fee again.
Applications will be received any time during the year and will be considered at the end of each quarter till the availability of vacancy. The institute reserves the right to reject any or all applications or it may amend any of the clauses above as per the orders of the competent authority/Govt. of India. Incomplete applications shall be summarily rejected and no communication in this regard shall be entertained.